Whether you spend the year traveling, volunteering, working or studying, one thing is certain; your gap year will be a once in a lifetime experience and you will return revitalized and ready for your next step .
- Working in groups. A Gap Year abroad will challenge you to work better with a diverse array of people.
- Recharges your battery- through real life situations and exploring possible careers through hands on field-work.
- Language experience and possible fluency. Traveling and living in another country allows you to tremendously improve your language skills.
- It can actually help you succeed in your study after you return.
- It can have an impact on your choice of academic major and career.
- Gain perspective on your own country as well as your host country.
- Become independent and take responsibility for your own life-direction.
- Expand your mind and cultural awareness.
- Makes you more marketable. A Gap Year with a purpose on your CV is a big advantage. Employers will be impressed with your time and experiences abroad.
- Increase your confidence and self-reliance.
- The chance to make a positive impact on the environment or make a real difference in the lives of the people of lesser developed countries.
- Develop leadership qualities.